Sunday, November 2, 2008

Election Day

I am looking forward to voting. I hope you are too.

I recently read Abraham Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address for the first time. I was so impressed at how poignant a 143-year old speech can still sound:

"With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan--to do all which may acheive and cherish a just, and a lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations."

That was the final paragraph of the Address. The entire speech was only 4 paragraphs long. I love when someone says so much in so few words. A true American genius and a mentor to make all lawyers proud of their profession.

No comments: